Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Roses FlyMix
Here I leave to your consideration my first mix of country music, I hope I have done with the utmost respect.
was made with Studio One 2 efx almost caring only drawings of the instruments and voices.
well done and I hope this is to your liking.
comments and suggestions are very well accepted

From Argentina

SergioBig GrinWindows Software

.mp3    DeadRoses FlyMix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

I think the balance is good, and it could be just perfect for another country song, but for the mood of this song you probably have too many sharp sounds here.

If you listen the melody and character of the male voice in this song, I think he needs a softer environment. With little bit less edge in the band, the best delicate nuances of the singer's voice will have more room to shine.

I've heard some of your mixes and I know you have a good ear for human voice. So, forget the genre related issues, and just follow your intuition and you have superb mix after one hour.

I think that another big challenge in this song is to make the distant electric guitar and close drum sound to fit together. That's another thing where you could try to find a solution.

From totally another side of world,
Olli
Thanks for your concepts Olli H, you're right, two days ago that I have this DAW and there are still things to discover, in this issue the problem is the only electric guitar and gave him leave to be volume, but that I can put a lot more this song, promise to change the EQ and acclimate more voices.

Greetings from the south side of the world

Sergio
here is my second attempt

.mp3    DeadRoses try2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.74 MB)

I like it now! Now this mix/song has it's own color. (Many balance issues clearly better than in my mix.)

Some minor tweaks came to my mind
- acoustic guitar probably has some too audible phase issues here and there (0:10)
- try to put de-esser before the vocal reverb. Now there's a disturbing sss-tail in reverb.
- female voice maybe too edgy and strong at 1.18. I think it should be more like background vocal there. Not as a duet. But I'm not sure.

Great job!
thanks I'll try to correct it!! a big hug

thanks again for listening to my mixes!

from the bottom of the world

Sergio
Olli estimated there I think I achieved what you were saying in your comments.
I hope you like.

Sergio

.mp3    DeadRosesTry3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.9 MB)

Very good. I think the internal balance of the band is very good and supports the song correctly.

Last tweaking suggestion from me: Level of female vocal is varying too much. I think 1.18 is just fine, but 0.51 is too high. Is the female "answer" at 2.02 higher than male voice?
Hi,

You've made a good mix cosy and warm.
I agree with Olli H about the female's voice.

Good work!
soon deadrosestry4 ....... lol