Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise - 'You Are The One'
Man this one was a toughie. Tried to reduce the tape noise, but its still noticeable here and there. As always, feedback is highly appreciated

.mp3    You are the one.mp3 --  (Download: 9.48 MB)

Everything sounds very central. It needs more stereo spread as everything sounds on top of everything else (with the exception of the electric guitars). Everything is clean though. Good job cleaning the hiss up.
(26-08-2018, 07:56 PM)Sasquatch1974 Wrote: Everything sounds very central. It needs more stereo spread as everything sounds on top of everything else (with the exception of the electric guitars). Everything is clean though. Good job cleaning the hiss up.

Hey man, good advice, im definitely trying to improve my stereo imaging on my current mix, thanks for the constructive feedback Smile
No problem. A good idea for stereo spread I discovered recently is to run your two wide guitars to a stereo reverb send (with no widening, i.e. if you sent a mono in, you get mono out). Place a utility plugin just before it and swap the channels. Make sure you EQ the reverb to not get any masking and, Hey presto, you get the reverb of each guitar in mono in the opposite channel Smile It also helps to balance the channels if one guitar part is playing solo, or is a lot fuller than the other one.