Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#08 FIATM - Duel of Divas Mix
I imagined myself mixing this for real (professional, I mean) and thinking: “what I’m supposed to do here? These are two damn different singers!”. And not having the nerve to ask for guidelines, I would try to have them happy, being despotic divas both of them in this scenario of mine.

In the real world, I just didn’t have the heart to throw away any of them, these guys are crazy good singers!
I know this is supposed to come from black music (reggae and r’n’b), but the drama vibe was strong enough to remind me of copla (over the top popular spanish music which is not really flamenco). And copla duets between high calibre divas are really something, so I worked with that in mind. I’d love to know what you think.

In the immortal words of Billy Zane, "It's a walk-off!"

.mp3    08 - Sunshine Garcia Band - For I Am The Moon (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 11.46 MB)

Hi Deliza

You did a really nice job on the vocals, the Bass sounds really clean..
The vocals and bass are so strong that the percussion gets a bit lost.
I haven't mixed this yet, but the challenge seems to be the balance of the percussion so it doesn't become a distraction to the beautiful vocals.

Great Job!!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Whoever played the percussion parts, Tito Puente it was not. Tone was appaling and so-so timing. In fact, best mixes I've heard here tend to hide or heavily edit them. Thanks for listening!