Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come Around
Nice work matey. It is good to hear the mix progressing as it comes together through your different versions.
My only suggestion (should you ever feel compelled to spend more time on this track) Wink would be to raise the level of the lead vocals a little against the music. The relative level of the vox in the middle 8 "ooh aah" section is about right.
But don't attack the mix again just to make this change.
It is pretty good as you have it Smile

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
(19-01-2014, 10:21 AM)Dags Wrote: Nice work matey. It is good to hear the mix progressing as it comes together through your different versions.
My only suggestion (should you ever feel compelled to spend more time on this track) Wink would be to raise the level of the lead vocals a little against the music. The relative level of the vox in the middle 8 "ooh aah" section is about right.
But don't attack the mix again just to make this change.
It is pretty good as you have it Smile

Dags
Thanks. I heard what you are talking about right away when I listened to it in my car. I should always listen to my mixes in my car before I post them Smile Thanks again for your help.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
with a bit more lead vocal automation

.mp3    Come Around 4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Ah yes!
The vocal sits nicely above the instruments throughout the song now.
Well done, good sir! Smile
So many songs, so little time!
Hello

Well first thing I noticed was the low end or lacking it if compared to my mix. Probably my mix has too much low end once again Blush
But then again the song style is Atmospheric Indie Pop and that give you a lot of freedom to mix.
It is balanced mix but I would like to hear some hooks or tricks that you could try because of the style and to make it more lively more dynamic and unique.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.