Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come Around
Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    Come Around.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

.mp3    Come Around Final.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Nice sounding mix I like it ,
The guitars in the into and through the song could do with a little a bit more mid bass, personal taste only.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

it sounds perfect to me!
mixing since April 2013
Thanks for the input guys. I agree, Don, that I could probably put some more mid bass back in a couple of the more foundational guitar tracks.
Hey! I just mixed this track yesterday.

Anyways.

I find that you have the part '07_EbowGtr' on way to high volume, i find that part to sound pretty bad, and it should be put further in the background.

Also i think that the backing vocals -stems are pretty bad and i dont think they should be used in a major way in the finished mix.

I find the main vocals to be a bit low on volume from 1:50 -> 2:17

Also personally i didnt like the way the 09_ElecGtr2 sounds
3:14 - 3:31, to me it sounds like its amost out of tune, i personally replaced that part with with one from earlier.

Those are just my thoughts. Other than that its ok balanced mix etc.
Hi bmullen,

Your mix sounds good to me.
Just one thing in my opinion, the drum is a little dry. A little reverb would be nice.

Good job.

Cheers.

Decided to do a little more work on this one taking the above suggestions into consideration.

.mp3    Come Around 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

Definitely diggin' it. Great job Mr. Mullen!

PS: I think the guitars are ok as are. I think too much mid-range would interfere with the bass, which really depends on it even though it wasn't particularly strong in that range (400 - 900hz, that is).
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

great stuff, man.

I think it's really good as is, but just a few 'personal taste' type suggestions. The backing vocals are a little too present for me... a little too up-front, and they compete with the lead vocal. my solution to this was wide panning and a good deal more wetness in the backing vocal parts.

also, the lead vocal gets lost in a few places. the performance to me was good and even, so rather than trying to butcher it or the surrounding parts with automation (and also in an attempt to avoid compressing the part to heck!) I used the parallel compression technique. to me that's a more dynamic way of filling in the lower areas without killing the peaks.

just personal taste, though, man. you do great work.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Did a little more work on this one. Toned down a guitar I felt was competing with the lead vocal and added a bit more width to the lead vocal delay as well.

.mp3    Come Around 3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)