Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix of Come Around
Its my mix of come around, I did it in 2.5 hours, I didn't work more, maybe working more I could get better results. In the second part when she sings, I muted the backing voice, because I wanted to get something different to all of good mixing project uploaded on this site.

I hope you like it, I don't have professional monitoring now, so I used a Sony MDR-V700DJ and a Logitch Z5500 for listening the whole project when I finished. Its complicate without a flat professional monitors, but testing you could know the reference and get a decent project. I like the effect I got in the main vocal.

Please comments.

.mp3    Leaf - Come Around.mp3 --  (Download: 9.53 MB)

(30-09-2012, 07:42 PM)studiom88 Wrote: Its my mix of come around, I did it in 2.5 hours, I didn't work more, maybe working more I could get better results.

For a couple of hours work, that's not bad going (at least judging by my what I can hear on my little PC speakers). All the main balance decisions seem to make sense, the vocal's clear, and the drums have a nice feel to them -- although the cymbals feels a bit too trashy. The main things I concentrate on now are the long-term dynamics, because the choruses don't really 'arrive' properly for me yet.
Thanks Mike.