Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juanita Dientes Verdes: 'Donde No Llega La Luz'
My Mix

Comments welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

Version 2- 07mpg

.mp3    Juanita Dientes Verdes-Donde No Llega La Luz-05.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

.mp3    Juanita Dientes Verdes-Donde No Llega La Luz-07.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

.mp3    Juanita Dientes Verdes-Donde No Llega La Luz-08.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hello there

Mix is sounding awesome.. Just a couple things for me
*rhythm distort guitar are quite loud in comparison and also they have too much low power for me. It could be just the volume giving me this sensation
*and I would have prefer a timer back vocal but that's just preference.

Great job.
(14-06-2018, 01:34 AM)Shul Wrote: Hello there

Mix is sounding awesome.. Just a couple things for me
*rhythm distort guitar are quite loud in comparison and also they have too much low power for me. It could be just the volume giving me this sensation
*and I would have prefer a timer back vocal but that's just preference.

Great job.

Thanks Shul,

That helps a lot..I'm still working on a few versions. Ill bring the guitars back and brighten them up a bit. I think Ive got them too loud on the 2nd version

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
agree with shul about guitars being quite loud and having quite piercing tone. the rest seems to sound good. 'lalala' part sounds nice, and i think the mix sounds very solid. perhaps redo guitars? ^_^
(14-06-2018, 10:00 AM)kapu Wrote: agree with shul about guitars being quite loud and having quite piercing tone. the rest seems to sound good. 'lalala' part sounds nice, and i think the mix sounds very solid. perhaps redo guitars? ^_^

Thanks Kapu

Its Two separate radicle guitar tone changes.. Im trying to figure out how to handle it. I posted the 3rd version and mellowed out the guitars, but to me now the crunch rhythm sounds mushy. I might try chopping the guitar tracks up and treating them separately..

I appreciate the comments

Cheers
KSmile
Is it just me.. Or intro guitars seem to be off eq. Right sounds brighter than the left side? Mix 3 is sounding better though. I like bass blend with those guitar tones. Drums are perfect.. If anything a lil more top end but that's it no complains.

Keep it up man, sounding better and better in my opinion.
(14-06-2018, 07:06 PM)Shul Wrote: Is it just me.. Or intro guitars seem to be off eq. Right sounds brighter than the left side? Mix 3 is sounding better though. I like bass blend with those guitar tones. Drums are perfect.. If anything a lil more top end but that's it no complains.

Keep it up man, sounding better and better in my opinion.
Hi Shul

Your right..good ears .. I set the EQ brighter on the Right..thinking it might fatten up the guitar sound. Ill work on the guitar tracks some more, still not happy with the tone and give it a little more top end to open it up.

Thanks for the help!!

Cheers
KSmile
Hi Kirk ,
Sounds good on my monitors ,I am also finding the guitars a challenge especially on some live recordings !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(16-06-2018, 09:38 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Kirk ,
Sounds good on my monitors ,I am also finding the guitars a challenge especially on some live recordings !

Cheers Big Grin

Hi Don

Thanks.. Yeah, The guitars on this one are especially hard to find a tone where they are still aggressive sounding, but don't hurt your ears. Im still working on it.Confused

Cheers
KSmile