Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juanita Dientes Verdes: 'Donde No Llega La Luz'
Hi guys,
Just realised that back vocal left unmixed, i will add later and replace the file.
Let me know whaty do you think. Any advices very apprecited!
Cheers
Edit:
v4 has small adjustment followed Shul suggestions.
Also lowered smack on drum kick,

.mp3    Donde No Llega La Luz (4).mp3 --  (Download: 7.61 MB)

.mp3    Donde No Llega La Luz (3).mp3 --  (Download: 7.61 MB)

Hello. Here are my observations

*overheads need to come up. There is no brightness on the drums.
*snare revert is bleeding on the left side more than on left. Perhaps you have a hi hat or Tom on left and you didn't noisegate or cut the background noise. This is the most obvious thing I notice and that it's bugging when I'm listening.
*guitar and bass balance is good just some minor tweaks on the low end around the 150-200 hz. The room this was recorded in has some build up freq in this range.
*kick is good in chorus in the verse however it's overpowering a lil. Perhaps send your drums to a bus and compress them a lil to control those peaks better.

It's a good mix over all, keep it up. Hope this helps.
Thanks Shul for listening,
Agree what you mentioned, cymbals were too dark, the levels feeled fine but was dark so i opened the topend.
I also lowered smack on kick drum. Not really sure about that reverb on snare, cant localize the source.
Cheers!
Hey Lethan ,
Listening to version 4 definitely an improvement sounds well balanced and like it a lot better than my mixes ,Can hear some build up of frequencies around 150 - 200 and a little build up of 3-4k with the guitars and cymbals , Take my comments with a grain of salt as I am learning new monitors in different room !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Lethan

Your latest mix sounds great in the headphones. Kick and snare sound really tight. Nice balance and the guitar tone works nice.
Great Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.