Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juanita Dientes Verdes (Luz)
Well here is my first take on this song.
It's harder than I thought. It's expected however seen they
Recorded this in one take.

Do post your thoughts on it.
P. S. .. This is not meant to listen to in mono lol
I kinda experimented a lil with the guitars. There is a huge phase Fx .. Will post final later. For now I need feedback on it. Thanks guys.

#Update
Second and final mix posted.. Gonna move to another song. Fixed several things and is now mono compatible. Thanks for all the feedback. Hope to hear if this is an improvement or if it sounds worse. Thanks in advance.

.mp3    DondeNoLlegaLaLuzMix1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

.mp3    DondeNoLlegaLaLuzMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

Hey Shul ,
I like your version , good idea with the guitar phase effects sounds cool ,I had a similar idea to put the guitar further back in the room in the verse using something like Waves NX on full room and the front speakers rotated to the rear but haven't worked out how to automate the effects in reaper yet !
The vocal reverb sounds a touch upfront ,Not sore it's just the decay time or the low frequencies ?
Can hear some mid bass build up of some frequencies competing for space in the 150-400 hz area maybe Just the bass Kick and Guitars ?

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

hi! instead of phasing, you might want try haas effect on the guitars for width. there's something constant in the lower mids which in the long run start to give the mix a boxy feel. maybe from bass? otherwise the bass sounds good and controlled. with the brighter vocal tone, you might want to edit down or de-ess sibilances. in general vocals sound very good. effect work sounds nice, and drums also sound very good. ^_^
Hi Shul,

I think thedon and kapu have summed things up pretty well. I just started looking at these multitracks, and it appears that Gtr1 and Gtr2 are the same pass with different amp settings/modelling. I agree with kapu, tuning in a haas effect might be a good option for opening up the guitars whist maintaining mono compatibility.

Nice to hear some of your work. It's been awhile.Smile
(11-06-2018, 08:59 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Shul ,
I like your version , good idea with the guitar phase effects sounds cool ,I had a similar idea to put the guitar further back in the room in the verse using something like Waves NX on full room and the front speakers rotated to the rear but haven't worked out how to automate the effects in reaper yet !
The vocal reverb sounds a touch upfront ,Not sore it's just the decay time or the low frequencies ?
Can hear some mid bass build up of some frequencies competing for space in the 150-400 hz area maybe Just the bass Kick and Guitars ?

Cheers Big Grin
Yes the reverb is not really low passed. At least not that much. For the most part is the low freq on the guitars.. I should pull the bass a lil back and clean up guitars a lil more. I agree on the delay/reverb on back voice.. It's clouding the main vox.
Thanks for the feedback. Will post a better version later.
(11-06-2018, 09:56 AM)kapu Wrote: hi! instead of phasing, you might want try haas effect on the guitars for width. there's something constant in the lower mids which in the long run start to give the mix a boxy feel. maybe from bass? otherwise the bass sounds good and controlled. with the brighter vocal tone, you might want to edit down or de-ess sibilances. in general vocals sound very good. effect work sounds nice, and drums also sound very good. ^_^

Very valid observation I shall cut some ess on vocals. I will look into some Haas Fx and see what's up. I want the final mix to be mono compatible. Thanks for the feedback.
(11-06-2018, 11:11 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi Shul,

I think thedon and kapu have summed things up pretty well. I just started looking at these multitracks, and it appears that Gtr1 and Gtr2 are the same pass with different amp settings/modelling. I agree with kapu, tuning in a haas effect might be a good option for opening up the guitars whist maintaining mono compatibility.

Nice to hear some of your work. It's been awhile.Smile

Yes they are same guitars different mic positions.
Well taken points I will certainly look into it.

And thanks man! It's always good to come back to this site and see how many passionate people there are here. I'll stick around every now and then to contribute. Good seeing you are still here! Smile
Updated post. Let me know what you guys think.
version 2 sounds better Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey Shul,
It's a nice mix in overall.

Gtrs feels a bit mono, they are tricky a bit considering filters as they provide a lot of low end (disgusting) content, i put a c4 on at least one o them to not cut to much.
Not much more to say, perhaps vocal feels a bit disconnected, but i'm not sure if its a problem of a level or reverb.
Good one thought!
Cheers.