Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Roses
Hi!

My mix!

Long mixing day! Big Grin

Fedback is welcome!

Thanks!

.mp3    Dead Roses mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.92 MB)

Bad mix,try again.I wonder why no one leaves you feedback.
(19-08-2013, 09:15 PM)takka360 Wrote: Bad mix,try again.I wonder why no one leaves you feedback.

Bad mix? My mix is in my opinion not bad, but it is nothing special! I know that and I can live with that!

But my mix is in general suitable for country music playlist with comercial production!

Try this with your mix!

I think, you got a point!?

No feedback? Thank you for yours! Big Grin
yeah ok
It's obvious you put a lot of work into this. The overall balance and use of stereo field seems pretty good to me. A couple of things stand out to me. First is the choice of reverb on the vocals, to me it doesn't fit well with this song/genre. The Kick seems a bit boomy and also the bass guitar could use a little more taming with compression. The toms seem to have a bit too much verb and level at times, too. Hope this helps Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(20-08-2013, 06:37 PM)bmullen Wrote: It's obvious you put a lot of work into this. The overall balance and use of stereo field seems pretty good to me. A couple of things stand out to me. First is the choice of reverb on the vocals, to me it doesn't fit well with this song/genre. The Kick seems a bit boomy and also the bass guitar could use a little more taming with compression. The toms seem to have a bit too much verb and level at times, too. Hope this helps Smile

Thank you for yours comments!

For me was vocals the biggest challenge! And i am very unsatisfied with them! I agree with you about vocals reverb! The rest of yours comments are concerns with my room acoustics!
I have no acoustic treated room ( bedroom mix )! Big Grin

I will try again with mix!

Thanks!

Sorry for my english! ( Google translate )! Blush
I like the tone in this mix. I think it has very good potential. Vocal sound is just perfect to me. Some low end problems as bmullen mentioned, but with small fixes this could turn out to be mix with excellent sound.
If you're mixing in untreated room, buy best possible mixing headphones to check the low end. Then you'll hear things that you can't hear in your room.
Hi!

Ver 2 with few new tricks! Confused

Thanks for listening! Big Grin

.mp3    Dead Roses mik123 ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.89 MB)

Not much to object to with this new mix. I like the environment you created and the drums sound especially distinct. The vocals may be a bit to disjointed (especially hers) during her lead.
Good stuff.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I'm not crazy about what you did with the drums here. This is essentially and acoustic song. It sounds like you mixed it as a standard rock/modern country track where the drums were very forward. I would give them a more live and subdued sound. I do like what you did with the guitars. Could perhaps use a little more glue.