Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker My Father Never Loved Me
Some really good mixes of this brilliant track.

.mp3    Trafficker My Father Never Loved Me mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.61 MB)

Hi Cudjoe

Really nice mix .. the drums sound awesome! Great balance and drive! You got the drum sound I was trying to achieve, but didn't quite get there.

Great Job

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(04-06-2018, 06:53 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Cudjoe

Really nice mix .. the drums sound awesome! Great balance and drive! You got the drum sound I was trying to achieve, but didn't quite get there.

Great Job

Cheers
KSmile
Cheers for that Kirk glad you like it.

Hi Cudjoe Nice balanced Mix ,
translates well on my monitors
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Cheers Don.
hi cudjoe nice mix bro!! its rock and roll!!!!!
Cheers man!!!!
Your getting good at this Cudjoe!
Enjoyable listen. Great vibe and sonics. The big stadium drum sound may be a bit too big for this style, but that's just my opinion. It does push the drums back a little in comparison to the forward guitar tones. Just nitpicking.

Great Work!
(06-06-2018, 10:49 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Your getting good at this Cudjoe!
Enjoyable listen. Great vibe and sonics. The big stadium drum sound may be a bit too big for this style, but that's just my opinion. It does push the drums back a little in comparison to the forward guitar tones. Just nitpicking.

Great Work!
Thanks Dave that means a lot Smile.
The drummer counting himself in tickled my fancy. I'd have gated the floor noise before the downbeat though. Slapback against a wall on the left as I perceived it, implied the kit to be in a different space to the guitars and vocal, and the vocal sounded in a different space to everything else. Adopting the well balanced kick rather than taking a thunder approach, was a good move.

The wanger at 1m30 adds congestion, with the guitars tending to lose their articulation more. For me this lost the wanger it's Mission Statement and much needed forward glory.

He has a great voice I just can't help wondering about the ethos of distorting it. The song's gritty concept comes across well in the mix, there just seems too much grit that it feels over done. It's masking the keys too.

Feels like the mix is skewed towards the upper mids. At raised level above conversation it gets uncomfortable from the distortion and high compression artifacts which quickly turn harsh. Reading around some of your posts, there may be a trend which suggests you have a preference for this? You might want to explore the underlying reasons.

There's a hollowed out sound, much like a phase effect on the mix overall. Could it be due to the reverb/delay interactions?
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.