Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio - "You And Me And The Radio" (big rock re-mix)
Now, turn up the volume, here comes a big mix... haha Cool

In this re-mix I basically went for "rock power" heh. OK, I think I went over the edge with both reverb and limiting, haha, but I had tons of fun pushing the song to its rock knees in this version.

In this mix I did not do almost any automation at all, so the mix lacks some energy build up, but at least it has "grit". Angel

You might find the mix sounds the best at the third/main chorus, that's because the mix has most signal there. It might seem somewhat dull in energy in the beginning, because of the lack of signal and due to so much reverb, but just keep listening because it grows and soon you won't pay so much attention to it. Big Grin

I am proud of the section 2:33 - 2:52, turn up the volume a lot there because I was able to capture that real "rock size" in an interesting way in that section, the drums and guitars started rocking a lot there!!

Human Radio - "You And Me And The Radio" (big rock re-mix)

Wink
It really sounds like I'm listening to this band live! A completely different path than what I took, but I like it a lot! Those drums are killer man! Great job!
Don Perignon
Mix Engineer / Hobbyist
https://soundcloud.com/donald-holland
(19-08-2013, 05:25 AM)Don Perignon Wrote: It really sounds like I'm listening to this band live! A completely different path than what I took, but I like it a lot! Those drums are killer man! Great job!

Hehe, yeah, it sounds like standing 200 feet from the band, I was going for depth but I was not intending it to be that distant hehe. Cool that you liked it, this was unmastered, I'll create a mastered version as well that corrects a few balance issues, it is currently too mid heavy among other things.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, always fun to get some comments! Wink