Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember Jones: 'Don't Put Me On Hold'
(04-06-2018, 08:46 PM)gammasign Wrote: How long did it take to mix? I ask because it seems to have a lot of tracks. I hear Hammond organ, possibly a strat or some kind of 16th framing, maybe a Les Paul in there with some crunch, a horn section, bass, drums, vocals and backup vocals, and I'm probably forgetting something. This one seems like a real challenge. You pull it off.

Would it be valid to say to bring out each of those voices playing between vocal lines? Perhaps an EQ boost in the upper harmonics when they come between lines. It seems to me that when the instruments play between the vocal lines, the song might benefit to really draw the ear to them somehow. Your balance in the mix is so balanced that I hear the instruments in between, but they don't seem to take over. Maybe those instruments shouldn't. Don't know.

Awesome work. I love soul music. Rock on...
Gamma

Hi Gamma

Thanks for the comments

Its 23 tracks and I cant remember how long it took me, maybe an afternoon. I mixed it 3 months ago and forgot to post it. Your close to correct on your instrument identification. B3, Congas-shaker, Fender Strat, Gibson ES 330 or 335, 5 string bass (couldn't Identify brand but a couple of EMG's), Electric Piano, Sax, Trombone, Trumpet, lead vocal and 2 backup singers and a kick butt drummer. I used the telefunkin final mixdown as my reference, you can see it performed on YouTube at the telefunkin sessions videos.

Give it a shot Gamma, a really fun mix and learning experience.

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember Jones: 'Don't Put Me On Hold' - by KMuzic - 04-06-2018, 09:47 PM