Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#06 Don't Put Me On Hold - Deliza Mix
Had a lot of fun with this one, except for the BG vocals which I'd say are not up to the rest of the tracks but then it could be just me being clueless. I imported a couple of Motown songs for reference and tried to mangle things up enough to get away of a late-night show house band feel, so it didn't ended up sounding too modern.

Pseudo mastered as well, I think this it's the loudest I can go without screwing too much.

Have a wild weekend!

.mp3    06 - Remember Jones - Don\'t Put Me On Hold (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

It works for me, Deliza. You certainly captured that "late-night show house band feel" for sure.Smile Great vibe, balance and energy. Very fitting! Maybe just the snare could be a little forward in the mix for my ears, but nothing too major.

Nice work, and an enjoyable listen.

Dave.
Hi Deliza
Very nice..Like Dave said, it has that late night show feel..very nice balance.
Keep up the good work!!

Kirk
Smile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
OK, so now I know I missed my goal and also have bad english, cause I did NOT want it to feel like that... !Aaay, Dios mío!
(04-06-2018, 06:17 PM)Deliza Wrote: OK, so now I know I missed my goal and also have bad english, cause I did NOT it to feel like that... !Aaay, Dios mío!

We'll just blame it on the "night show" brass section.Big Grin