Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hands Lost: 'Ambitions' kapu mix
This was nice. ^_^

.mp3    All Ambitions Lost_ \'Hands\' kapu mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.14 MB)

I’m listening to your mix on the grotboxes in my office right now, and I have some comments:
  • The intro guitar is panned to hard left. I find it irritating if some instruments are only coming from a single speaker. Together with the second guiter the wide panning sounds okay, though.
  • Some of the screamed vocals have too much reverb on them and are almost unhearable.
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!
(03-08-2018, 10:13 AM)Bombe Wrote: I’m listening [...]

thanks for feedback. i think this was a pretty was lcr mix without automation or extensive tweaking. listening now the guitars could probably lose some upper mids to make rest of stuff more audible. ^_^
I didn't mind the panning at all. I think the song calls for it. If its summed to mono its fine...If someone was missing a speaker in an old Impala or something, I don't know that they cared so much anyway
(08-04-2019, 05:19 AM)pipelineaudio Wrote: I didn't mind [...]

thanks for listening! ^_^