Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
#04 JMYD - Cocktail Dress Mix
Here's my take on this catchy rola. I was for a harsh, not boomy sound and figured it would be fun to trigger some (white/pink?) noise from the kick, instead of using samples. Bass was really hard on this, I can't imagine how so many folks here managed to get such clean sounds.

Some vintage foleys going for a 'Got To Give It Up' party ambience, though it ended up a little lame maybe.

.mp3    04 - Ghost Note - Ja Maka Ya Dance (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

You've bent and twisted this environment in some very creative ways. The idea of the party sounds is excellent and pretty well represented. You have expanded the sound field very effectively. One thing which sticks out is the Rhodes. It sticks out too far in some places, I think. The sax is well treated. And with the party atmos going, I am perplexed as to why your stifled the 'heys' during the song. A good take but sounds like there are some unfinished thoughts to be restated. Overall, very cool.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Funny cause I was for muting the 'heys' since starting with the mix and cannot remember why I let them be, but you're right; if they stay they should be loud. Thanks for the clues.