Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lingua Funqa "Just One Minute"
Mix #2 uploaded. Anyone for a dance??? Maybe not.... I've been told that my funky moves are that of a drunk Orangutan at a disco. Never mind. Tongue
Mix 2 needs some urgent roll off for my unimpaired ears. It's brighter than the first, for some reason. I'm still missing the hi hats too. Did you change your mind in the end?

I'm finding the low end over zealous for the genre. Perhaps check out some lossless Incognito, lossy tends to contain harsh artifacts. Senior mentioned using Jamiroquai as reference, but his top end is even brighter than yours and none of my 6x Jamiroquai CD's are like this. I'm afraid I have some deep seated reservations about referencing, given that so many people involved in music suffer hearing impairment and aren't aware of it.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(06-06-2018, 12:46 PM)Monk Wrote: Mix 2 needs some urgent roll off for my unimpaired ears. It's brighter than the first, for some reason. I'm still missing the hi hats too. Did you change your mind in the end?

I'm finding the low end over zealous for the genre. Perhaps check out some lossless Incognito, lossy tends to contain harsh artifacts. Senior mentioned using Jamiroquai as reference, but his top end is even brighter than yours and none of my 6x Jamiroquai CD's are like this. I'm afraid I have some deep seated reservations about referencing, given that so many people involved in music suffer hearing impairment and aren't aware of it.

Hi Monk,

Yeah the hi hats are there. I introduced a sample through the chorus that added some lift without sounding unnatural which did the trick for my ears. For referencing here I have just used some of Lingua Funqa's other material. As this is just a fun exercise as a hobby, I'm not concerned about being genre correct. I like to express my own ideas and influences that I feel works best with the material presented. Todays moves not yesterdays, become tomorrows trend. Besides mixing music is so much better than doing crosswords.

As for my hearing, I work in heavy industry, and yes it's had an impact, but I do have hearing test very 12 months so it's in check. I this stage I'm confident in what I'm hearing and can hear the music over the flies buzzing around. I guess mixing music using braille and sign language would be challenging but I'm up for it, if it ever gets to that stage.

Thanks for the comments Monk.
Hi Dave

Dangerous # 1 is a good work
I am comfortably listening with comfortable works

Yoshi
(06-07-2018, 10:31 AM)Yoshi Nishikawa Wrote: Hi Dave

Dangerous # 1 is a good work
I am comfortably listening with comfortable works

Yoshi

Thankyou Yoshi.Big Grin
Can't go wrong with either mix. You always bring something rock solid to the table, so thanks for that!
(30-09-2018, 12:51 AM)TheNeverScene Wrote: Can't go wrong with either mix. You always bring something rock solid to the table, so thanks for that!

Thank you TNS. I appreciate your thoughts.