Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phre The Eon: 'Everybody's Falling Apart'
Hello guys,
This one was quick for me. Only one day mixing.
Any feedback very welcome.

EDIT:
Ver3 with some corrections based on Lukas comment Smile
EDIT:
Ver4 is the final one.

.mp3    phretheeon_ver2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

.mp3    phretheeon_ver3_w_corrections.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

.mp3    phretheeon_ver_4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

Very cohesive sound, pretty slick!
Reminds me a bit of smiliar Red Hot Chili Peppers Songs.

Bit of boxiness/low-mids (my guess is around 200Hz) but actually kinda like it. Leads to very vintage and warm tone. Toms could be brought out out a bit more.
The guitar on the left dominates the right guitar at 1:40 an on. It disbalances the mix stereo wise. I feel that some of the guitars (at 1:40 and 2:45 for example; beginning is fine)could be glued/compressed more into the mix, to enhance that full warm sound. Or just bring them down a few db down.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

(Maybe you have time to check out a recent mix from me? Big Grin )

Thanks Lukas for listening!
I totally gree with you.
Those guitars didnt let me sleep. Smile
Tried to managed it better in the version 3
Also, i cut some boxinees i beleive comes from bass. As much as i can, cause i didnt wanted change the bass tone,
I also fought more for clarity, and the master chain is a bit different. Dont know if not overcooked,
Thanks a lot for you help Smile
Nice!
Hey Lethan,

I'm only listening on cheap speakers, but it translates really well. I'd like to listen on my studio monitors, but from this vantage point it sounds great. Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Had another listen on my studio monitors - still sounds great, btw...

A few little things:

- The mix still feels a little tubby around 200 hz mark - I'd say it's mainly the bass. My suggestion would be to cut a little there and perhaps add a little more in the sub to the mix in general, as the kick doesn't seem to have much down there, and I suspect you may be compensating somewhat by fattening up the bass in the low mids just a bit too much.

- The mix has great separation, but it feels just a tiny bit lacking in glue, particularly with (what I assume is) the fairly strict LCR panning approach.

- Related to the LCR thing, there is some masking happening with the hihat and the guitars in the right channel. Moving the hihat a little toward the centre may help somewhat.

Overall, pretty cool!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks Andrew for the listening,
As follow,
Carved out more of 200hz from bass, and also from the kick drum,
Voc is half db lower,
I think i put another compressor on master 50/50 dry to make it more compact.
Plugged in Rbass set up on 30hz in default.
Another thing i just added eq in side chain mode, mid 500 and 10000hz boost, sides 1000hz and 12khz on side, as a trick i found somewher online. Now worry about the overall brightness Smile.
Because of that 200hz cuts i belieive it gets more clarity in this region.

It still needs some work i guess, no automation there and i feel gtrs could be managed better in this aspect. Will try harder next time!
Thanks for your help!
(22-05-2018, 05:08 PM)Lethan Wrote: Thanks Andrew for the listening,
As follow,
Carved out more of 200hz from bass, and also from the kick drum,
Voc is half db lower,
I think i put another compressor on master 50/50 dry to make it more compact.
Plugged in Rbass set up on 30hz in default.
Another thing i just added eq in side chain mode, mid 500 and 10000hz boost, sides 1000hz and 12khz on side, as a trick i found somewher online. Now worry about the overall brightness Smile.
Because of that 200hz cuts i belieive it gets more clarity in this region.

It still needs some work i guess, no automation there and i feel gtrs could be managed better in this aspect. Will try harder next time!
Thanks for your help!

Sounds great Lethan - those changes worked well.
Hi Lethan

Great Job. I love the snare tone...sounds great. super balance.
Sounded great on the monitors.

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.