Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#01 ‘Run Run Run’ - Hola a todo el mundo, newbie here!
Hi everyone, first time I try to mix someone else. My barrio is mean, so it’s gonna be headphones mixing for the time now. So much for room translation.

I think I got a nice hat, but rimshot way too loud, making the chorus small by comparison. Also, I didn’t really know what to do with backing vocals and I’ve heard some things in this forum that put me to shame. Anyway, close to the end I discovered noise triggering (for the rim) and I think it’s a cool trick to spice things up, though I kept it to a minimum here.

I was on a theme in Reaper that didn’t show the number on the playrate/varispeed slider, so I ended up doing all the mixing with everything on it a semitone slowed down (era mi primerito día). And yeah, I didn’t realize until I listened to some other mixes by the people here. I’ve tried to speed up the mix to compensate before uploading, but that’s probably just adding up artifacts and what else. First times are for screwing up, aren’t they? Hopefully I’ll have better things to show from now on.

.mp3    01 - Arise - Run Run Run (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)