Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apprehended - Still Flyin'
So this one was a definite challenge because of all the vocal tracks. I cut a few because I didn't think they were adding anything to the overall song. But I definitely dig this song. Hope you enjoy, and any tips/criticisms are always appreciated.

.mp3    The Apprehended - Still Flyin\' NotJack Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.6 MB)

Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
Really like this mix man. Guitars and vocals sound especially great and overall the mix sounds tight.

I reckon in parts you could bring the backing vocals up a little bit. Maybe the cymbals that are panned right could be brought down a fraction - I'm really new to this and not great at it yet so take those points with a grain of salt though.

The only other thing is that the scream vox are out of time - some of the stems are a bit off on the multitrack download. I had the same issue.
Thanks for the input. I was having a hard time mixing the vocals, as I'm not really experienced with mixing vocals in general (my main experience is with doing my own instrumental tracks). So eqing all of the tracks and getting all of them to sit right was giving me a headache. Eventually I got to the point where I just said screw it, and stopped my self from fiddling with it anymore.

And I didn't even realize the scream tracks were out of sync until you mentioned it. I'll have to fiddle with this one a bit more.
Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes