Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lingua Funqa: 'Just One Minute'
Lingua Funqa: 'Just One Minute'

.mp3    Lingua Funqa_2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.89 MB)

(08-05-2018, 07:00 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: Lingua Funqa: 'Just One Minute'

A resented mix engineer wannabe downgraded my stars rating to one star for this song. I am so upset hahahaahDodgyBig GrinTongue. I think this is one of my best mixes so far. What do you think?
the strings are a very important focus point on this song and you put them far back
(15-05-2018, 07:19 PM)essex Wrote: the strings are a very important focus point on this song and you put them far back

Hi essex, I wanted to create contrast with the bass synth by putting the strings in a big room like if they were recorded in a concert stage like in the 70's. I like the depth it provides to the mix and how the vocals and the rhythm sits in top of that depth. Thank you for listening and for your comment.
Sounds good! Timing offset between samples/mics or somethigs is sometimes audible as a slight flam. Nice clarity and separation, a very LA style mix. Kick has good thud going on. Easily one of the top mixe®s here. Great work! ^_^
(23-05-2018, 11:44 AM)kapu Wrote: Sounds good! Timing offset between samples/mics or somethigs is sometimes audible as a slight flam. Nice clarity and separation, a very LA style mix. Kick has good thud going on. Easily one of the top mixe®s here. Great work! ^_^

Thank you kapu!!! I am glad you liked it
Mastered in 2019

.mp3    Lingua Funqa_2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.9 MB)

hey Javier, listened to 2019 master. Nice mix!! really solid Smile

I think I agree with previous comments about the strings being too low/far back.......but the issue isn't in the song proper but rather the intro. Having read your earlier comments, I can understand what you're doing and I think it works in the chorus/verse etc. But imo not so well in the intro.

There's a real opportunity to create excitement in that intro, around 18-26s, with the drums building to a crescendo and the strings swelling - but both seem very muted in your mix. Then the lead into the verse from, 26-42s, is another opportunity for the strings to shine. Doing some automation in these two sections could really take your mix to another level and you can drop the strings right back to where you have them for the rest of the song. Its a long intro for a pop song (42 seconds) and can get a bit boring just drum and bass (unless you love D&B of course)

Great mix...could be even better with more work in the intro. Good job.

Cheers

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(07-01-2019, 06:06 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: hey Javier, listened to 2019 master. Nice mix!! really solid Smile

I think I agree with previous comments about the strings being too low/far back.......but the issue isn't in the song proper but rather the intro. Having read your earlier comments, I can understand what you're doing and I think it works in the chorus/verse etc. But imo not so well in the intro.

There's a real opportunity to create excitement in that intro, around 18-26s, with the drums building to a crescendo and the strings swelling - but both seem very muted in your mix. Then the lead into the verse from, 26-42s, is another opportunity for the strings to shine. Doing some automation in these two sections could really take your mix to another level and you can drop the strings right back to where you have them for the rest of the song. Its a long intro for a pop song (42 seconds) and can get a bit boring just drum and bass (unless you love D&B of course)

Great mix...could be even better with more work in the intro. Good job.

Cheers

Thanks HbGuitar. I agree with your comments. Long intro... missed opportunities to create excitement. I am looking for those things these days, that mix project got deleted, just the master survived unfortunately. Take care and thank you again.