Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'You & Me & The Radio - Sound of wool
My simple mix of "You & Me & The Radio" all done ITB: Slate VCC, Equilibrium, TDR feedback compressor 2, valhalla reverb. I'm aware of that the kick is pretty prominent, but I kind of like it in this one! Wasn't very fond of the original/preview mix here as the vocals was on top of everything and felt to dry for the genre, in my humble opinion. Not saying my mix is perfect though, but I hope you like it Smile

/Jon

.mp3    human_sound_of_wool.mp3 --  (Download: 10.84 MB)

Sound of wool- The way you want it to sound
http://jon.rinneby.se
Hi Jon,

I just listened to your mix contribution. The mix is overall well balanced, each element well packaged in terms of dynamics, the mix has a good groove, the bass line is maybe a few dBs too quiet, I can tell you've gone through same balance issues that I encountered with my mix, what I regret is that I didn't do any side chaining, I think both of our mixes would improve in terms of the bass response by side chaining the bass guitar, in this kind of song the bass line easily sinks into the guitars, the kick and the organ. I also found that you have succeeded well with the loudness, it would not sound this good without that, so you've done some important limiting decisions that you've succeeded well with. Maybe it could be slightly softer in the low end, but that I think is also a matter of taste. The mix has energy, does it have enough, that also depends on what music style you go for, I find this mix to be more towards the pop style and in that sense I would say it works, had it been more rock oriented I would probably have wanted some more energy into it. I also didn't automate so much in my latest re-mix, I find it rather time consuming, but it is quite important for energy and often worth it. I don't find your mix to have any major issues really, it's a little like Don's mix, it is almost too good. Wink Going for a pop style mix if I would choose some areas of improvement it could be in the automation area, maybe add some air here and there by muting various instruments on some places, to create some added tension and release, I think it is mostly those kinds of things where you can work it to the next level, I like the sound, it is very well balanced... Overall a very interesting mix contribution! Cool

Please also have a listen to my mix and leave some comments. Cool

My mix