Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Lingua Funqa: Just One Minute -- Knz
Mixed with with my traveling laptop and headphones, so imaging and reverb levels may be a bit weird heh. It was just so fun song that I wanted to do some work on it.

May post a "speaker checked" version later if I have some extra time..

Edit: Finalized the mix by adding a small amount of vari-mu -style comp to make it pump slightly, I think it works nicely when the release is timed to the beat of the song. Can't really do much else until I get to back to my speakers - and find the horrid truth of my mix Big Grin

Knz

.mp3    JustOneMinute_KnzMIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.8 MB)

Nice job!!

I really like the way you got the snare sounding. Really good job for a headphone mix!

KirkSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
An enjoyable listen Knz.
Very musical with a nice level of movement and progression. I like your arrangement and sonic placement though out the song. I makes the piece quite captivating and exciting to the end.
Well Done.
Thanks for both of you for listening and giving feedback! I added one, most likely last, version of it. Did quite a bit stuff to it, might be a tad too bass heavy, don't know really until I get back to my speakers heh.

Knz
Sounds pretty good over here on my end. You got a good amount of low end but it doesn't seem to get too boomy or anything. Everything seems pretty clear and up front. Nice job!! Probably the best mix I heard of this tune Smile
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(07-05-2018, 07:31 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Sounds pretty good over here on my end. You got a good amount of low end but it doesn't seem to get too boomy or anything. Everything seems pretty clear and up front. Nice job!! Probably the best mix I heard of this tune Smile

Oh thanks! I guess the mix turned out at least somewhat OK (am working on headphones so.. you never really know hehe). I also made one last version with some minor tweaks to finalize the mix, if you want to listen. Smile