Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Signs
Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    Signs.mp3 --  (Download: 8.82 MB)

.mp3    Signs Final.mp3 --  (Download: 8.82 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
a different sound from the mix I made a few months ago, but nice to listen to!!

The only thing that I should say is that I find the bass a little bit loud for my taste, but this is a personal matter! :-)
mixing since April 2013
Sounds nice levels your are good !
I agree with juanjose ,the bass sounds a little full around 150-200 hz and may need a little eq , the guitar in the chorus could do with a little eq around the 1.5 -5 k hz area Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I had already reduced the 3-4k area of that guitar in the choruses so I brought down the level and added a little more reverb to set it back in the mix a bit and also did a little more work on the bass.

.mp3    Signs 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.82 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
10 seconds after I started playing the song, I was saying 'wow'!! it's a great improvement and the general sound of the mix sounds much much better! I love it!!
mixing since April 2013
Sounds great Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey bmullen. Good mix Big Grin you tamed the tracks well and moved the intro guitar to the middle piece. Great. You may want to move the piano 2 bars, it starts early for some reason. I discovered it late in the song where it play chords and the sequence goes somthin like Am F and the piano play opposite of the rest - if moved it doesnt start alone, even though its a cool intro. You may also wanna cut out the " oh fxxk" she says in the middle part. No swearing is allowed Big Grin. Thanks for sharing and I hope my mix will be as good as this when its ready.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
i would have added 3-4k to the guitars as i did on mine,sounds solid to me
not a bad mix Bob