Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftover Salmon: 'River's Risin'
What a cool tune, really enjoyed mixing it!!

Comments are truly appreciated

Cheers!!

KKSmile

Listened to it on my headphones and the vocal sounded like there was a mild distortion on the vocals that I couldn't hear on the monitors. Tried to get rid of it in the 2nd mix and also did some automation on the mandolin track.

.mp3    Rivers Risin.mp3 --  (Download: 16.69 MB)

.mp3    Rivers Risin1.mp3 --  (Download: 16.69 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Sounds nice though the headphones K. Great balance and arrangement as usual. The distortion on the lead is a bit strange though. Makes the vocal quite gravelly sounding. I don't remember there being too much of an issue in that regard, so i'm not too sure of the cause.

Well Done
(06-05-2018, 12:31 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds nice though the headphones K. Great balance and arrangement as usual. The distortion on the lead is a bit strange though. Makes the vocal quite gravelly sounding. I don't remember there being too much of an issue in that regard, so i'm not too sure of the cause.

Well Done

Hi Dave thanks for checking it out .. I haven't opened this tune back up yet, but I think its 2 different reverbs clashing or maybe a weird transient between the background vocal and lead vocal...just guessing at this point.

Cheers
Kitk
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.