Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ghost Note: 'Ja Make Ya Dance'
My Mix

Comments always welcome

Cheers

KSmile

Updated with a few fixes,

.mp3    Ghost Note-Ja Make Ja Dance2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.96 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Remixed and I think I got a little bit more excitement and drive into it with EQ.. A bit percussion and bass heavy, but I thought it fits ok.

Would love to hear your comments

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Enjoyable listen through the cans K, certainly exciting! Great balance and clarity. Possibly a bit bass heavy, but I think it works just the way it is.Big Grin

Well Done.

(27-04-2018, 12:13 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Enjoyable listen through the cans K, certainly exciting! Great balance and clarity. Possibly a bit bass heavy, but I think it works just the way it is.Big Grin

Well Done.

Thanks Dave
after listening with clean ears, I think I'm going to work on the bass a bit more, sounds too round to me and has something in the low mids that needs to be tamed.
Cheers
KSmile

Great Sounding Mix I like it A Lot .Maybe the Kick is causing the bass to sound heavy around 130 -120 ha area .
The Hi hats sound a touch wooshy around the 900hz area and the (Hey ) of all of the band Vocals Come up more !

Another one added to my list to mix !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(29-04-2018, 07:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Great Sounding Mix I like it A Lot .Maybe the Kick is causing the bass to sound heavy around 130 -120 ha area .
The Hi hats sound a touch wooshy around the 900hz area and the (Hey ) of all of the band Vocals Come up more !

Another one added to my list to mix !

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks Don

I always learn so much from your comments. .Ill try that on the remix. HEY!!! lol

Cheers
KSmile

Sounds excellent to me, vibey and always driving forward. And no obvious fx, which makes it all the more impressive, though I do think the sax is asking for a little more love, especially in the solo, but that's all.
(28-05-2018, 06:25 PM)Deliza Wrote: Sounds excellent to me, vibey and always driving forward. And no obvious fx, which makes it all the more impressive, though I do think the sax is asking for a little more love, especially in the solo, but that's all.

Thanks for the kind words Deliza

I agree the sax needs a bit more work

Happy Mixing!!
Cheers
KSmile