Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
CEF Mallorca GSII 2017-18 Sessions: 'Viviendo Del Reves' kapu mix
OMG! Replay Gain pulled you down by a massive -10.4dB. Are you aware this mix is highly uncompetitive?

That would explain the missing excitement and energy which might have otherwise fooled me before the loudness deception was addressed. It might also explain the fatigue I was feeling, a consequence of the artifacts. And it might also explain the missing depth due to everything being of equal loudness, a bit like those who mix to pink noise or push compressors too hard.

Personally speaking, I found this a chaotic mix and stressful to listen to, though taking the strategy of mixing what we were given without question, makes it an arrangement issue. I can't help feeling some impartiality would have been beneficial like asking yourself what tracks help the song, and what gets in the way. Is this the job of the mixer? I guess it depends on whether one is a Team Player. Now that might well be a subjective process, but most people don't like chaos and repetition, with only a tiny minority (plus or minus 3 sigma) who can't get enough of either.

Try backing off the hammers, exercising some impartiality, letting it breathe and I think you will be on a good way, and not just with this mix.

If you want to get really trendy, you could look at the drums and try and substitute the robot for a human groove. It sounds too obviously synthetic otherwise.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CEF Mallorca GSII 2017-18 Sessions: 'Viviendo Del Reves' kapu mix - by Monk - 05-04-2018, 09:34 AM