Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lead Inc - The Inner Circle [OctoOnFire]
Hi guys, back from a needed resting period recovering from a problem with my ears Undecided

I'm pretty happy with this mix, though I struggled a bit with it. It's a challenging song, but really well recorded and performed. I used samples and Re-amped the guitars, but only to add and enhance, not to replace. All the original tracks are there, and are like 80% of the sound.

For the drums, I used one of the Overhead tracks as some sort of fattening track for the whole drums and worked fine.

For the guitars, I went through every mic in order to bring up the character and clean all the unnecessary. It's hard work, not easy to get it right but I think it pays off.

Also lots of work in the voice to keep it on top of the other elements while taming the harsh character. A lot of distortion, Dynamic eq and compression.

Overall, a hard song with several parts and textures, a lot of work to make the guitars sound as an unit while each one of them is doing its own thing.

.mp3    LeadInc_InnerCircle_Oof_2-001.mp3 --  (Download: 12.61 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hey Octo
Not a lot of replies here, your mix definitely deserves recognition. Nice job!! Tone and balance are really good. I can tell you put some time into it.
Super Job!!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
These are great multi's and you've done a great job with them OOF! Love the guitar tones and panning. You have managed the vox well also, giving it plenty of space around the guitars. An enjoyable mix to listen to. Well Done.
This is the best! Really well done!