Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Timezone -GOTGF(Minitel Mix)
Hey,

Here is my contribution, my goal here was to get a slightly distorted sound, taking example on Philippe Cerboneschi (Aka Philippe Zdar) at Motorbass Studio, who works on an SSL E Series.

I made the mix as lively as possible, with live automations, light compressions, etc.
The mixdown was made on a Akai reel to reel tape machine, to add a little bit of warmth.

I lost some dynamics during the "mastering" (it's really not my strength), so I upload the pre-master track too, so you can hear both of them.
You'll notice that the pre-master gain is really low (peaks are at approximately -13dB), I had to do that to avoid too much distorsion on the Tape.

I'll be happy to read your feedbacks Wink Especially the negative ones, so I can improve.

Cheers,
Charles

.mp3    The Timezone - GOTGF (Minitel Studios Master).mp3 --  (Download: 14.8 MB)

.mp3    The Timezone - GOTGF (Minitel Studios Pre-master).mp3 --  (Download: 14.76 MB)

I like it. The drums are a little 'tinny', but it reminds me of how drums sound on some of the George Clinton tracks. Definitely an analogue feel!