Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carousel Ride Mix
This is my mix....

Please leave feedback / advice....

Check out my other mixes!

Thanks to HBGuitar! I found that I imported the tracks at the wrong sample rate. Its a good example of the difference between the correct sample rate on your DAW and the wrong one. The first mix is the 48 khz sampled in a 44.1 khz DAW, the second is the corrected sample rate. What a difference!

.mp3    carouselridemaster.mp3 --  (Download: 10.99 MB)

.mp3    carouselridemasterb.mp3 --  (Download: 10.69 MB)

I've made some revisions....I brought out the voice a little more using some limiting, I tried to dig out some of the background sounds and layered them to help make them more prevalent. I also added a little more low end and warmth to the guitar......

.mp3    carouselridemaster.mp3 --  (Download: 10.99 MB)

Both mixes seem to be playing at a reduced speed...is that intentional? Sounds interesting but hard to give any real comments Smile
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Apparently I've been importing my files into my DAW without matching the correct sample rate. Someone caught one of my other mixes and let me know....it appears I have another one. Good ear! Ill get an updated one with the correct sample rate....