Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood To Bone first-step
Hi there!
Please let me know about my level of mixing.
This track was really difficult for me ))

.mp3    Blood To Bone first-step.mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

Hey webstudius! Your mix sounds really good to me. Very natural and good EQing. I like your drums alot too!
Some things i think i would've done differently:
Lower the bass quite a bit.
Pan the solo guitar away from the middle to make room for snare and vocals, and also to make some width. Some people might not like having guitar on one side and nothing on the other but I don't have a problem with that. Listen to Van Halen's first record for example.
Try getting vocals to be more upfront with some compression, especially during the chorus. To me, they also feel a little thin, maybe cut some 5k+ frequensies and boost some low mids.

Again, great mix! Keep it up!
(20-05-2018, 06:26 PM)Bangbang Wrote: Hey webstudius! Your mix sounds really good to me. Very natural and good EQing. I like your drums alot too!
Some things i think i would've done differently:
Lower the bass quite a bit.
Pan the solo guitar away from the middle to make room for snare and vocals, and also to make some width. Some people might not like having guitar on one side and nothing on the other but I don't have a problem with that. Listen to Van Halen's first record for example.
Try getting vocals to be more upfront with some compression, especially during the chorus. To me, they also feel a little thin, maybe cut some 5k+ frequensies and boost some low mids.

Again, great mix! Keep it up!

Hi! Thanks for your notices! Now, I know about bass and "little thin" sound, thank you!
I did my mix with ATH-M40x, and, actually, they isn't balanced headphones )))

After equalization for ATH-M40x I heared all mistakes in my mix ))

Here a frequency response for Audio-technica M40x before and after:
[Image: ATH-M40x-EQ-before-after.png]

Your ears are really good! )))