Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is my mix. I would like see your opinion.
Hi, My friends. Its my first mix in this forum and one of the my firts mix all time. What is your opinions. I would like see my fails to adjust.

.mp3    Maybe_mix_Panno.mp3 --  (Download: 7.21 MB)

Hi Alexispanno, and welcome to the CMT board. A couple of things that would help your mix of this tune; start with the snare, there's too much body and virtually no snap. Get to know your frequencies - without looking at an analyzer I can hear a lot of 300Hz to 400Hz - the snare body, and very little 2K to 4K, where the snap is. Generalities are bad, but maybe if you reduce those "box" frequencies as much as necessary to get some snap back it would help. The distorted electric guitars need a lot of 100Hz to 200Hz reduced. Check the guitar and other frequency ranges here - http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/...isplay.htm. Just those two things would make your tom-toms and bass guitar cut through more and very likely free up some room for the vocals to get a better balance across the board. I hope this helps.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(20-03-2018, 11:32 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: Hi Alexispanno, and welcome to the CMT board. A couple of things that would help your mix of this tune; start with the snare, there's too much body and virtually no snap. Get to know your frequencies - without looking at an analyzer I can hear a lot of 300Hz to 400Hz - the snare body, and very little 2K to 4K, where the snap is. Generalities are bad, but maybe if you reduce those "box" frequencies as much as necessary to get some snap back it would help. The distorted electric guitars need a lot of 100Hz to 200Hz reduced. Check the guitar and other frequency ranges here - http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/...isplay.htm. Just those two things would make your tom-toms and bass guitar cut through more and very likely free up some room for the vocals to get a better balance across the board. I hope this helps.

Thank You. I'm very appreciated. I'll try to remix using your tips. This was one of the my firsts mix. I'm a new student of the art o mixing.
Your tips are incredible. I have not thought of that before. My route was just the final sound to my ear. Thank you. I'll try again