Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Set Me Free"
Added a bit of automation on a couple of tracks for this tune. Comments?

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_SetMeFree_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.57 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Well done Dave.. sounds really nice on my monitors. well balanced! Nice tones.

I was looking for a song to mix and saw your mix and figured I'd steal some ideas. Not a lot of comments in this thread..weirdHuh..anyways, nice job!! I Think Ill give it a go tonight. I really like the song.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks, K. I used Steely Dan, "Babylon Sister" as a reference for this. I think I could go back and roll off some more low end, sub-bass frequencies. Seems to me the 60-80Hz area is too full too much of the time, and below 50Hz could use a trimming.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
It was my intention to simply roll off the sub-bass, below 50Hz, but I got carried away. A simple adjustment of the EQ on the master set me off, fixing stuff in the mix and remastering. I think this is an improvement. Thoughts and comments always welcome.

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_SetMeFree_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.39 MB)

Peace,
Dave
(28-04-2018, 08:32 AM)davemcg61 Wrote: It was my intention to simply roll off the sub-bass, below 50Hz, but I got carried away. A simple adjustment of the EQ on the master set me off, fixing stuff in the mix and remastering. I think this is an improvement. Thoughts and comments always welcome.

Hey Dave

The vocal sounds smooth and big. Shines nicely !! sounds like there is a lot more stereo separation and punch, Good Job!

Cheers

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(28-04-2018, 02:26 PM)KMuzic Wrote:
(28-04-2018, 08:32 AM)davemcg61 Wrote: It was my intention to simply roll off the sub-bass, below 50Hz, but I got carried away. A simple adjustment of the EQ on the master set me off, fixing stuff in the mix and remastering. I think this is an improvement. Thoughts and comments always welcome.

Hey Dave

The vocal sounds smooth and big. Shines nicely !! sounds like there is a lot more stereo separation and punch, Good Job!

Cheers

KSmile

That's the A1StereoControl on the drum loop, electric piano and horns, K. All three were widened to 150%, with SafeBass set at 220Hz. I spent a good deal of time automating the lead vocal so it stands out more. I changed the compressor on the vocals too. I'm glad you like it!
Peace,
Dave