Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise'
Here is my version of this Awesome song !
spent about 2-3 hours so far !
Not there yet I know it needs more work some feedback would be very helpful !
I only used CLA guitars to re-amp the guitars with effects on the plugin and testing out the Scheps Omni Channel Plugin on all channels but used CLA vocal for the vocal and backing vocals ,Would love some recommendations on any guitar re-amp plugins !

Edit -Here is version 2
with more eq carving out competing frequencies with the guitars and tamed the wooshy hi hats hopefully an improvement .
Edit - Version 3 with some more eq !

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Stop and Rise V-1..mp3 --  (Download: 9.65 MB)

.mp3    Stop and Rise V2..mp3 --  (Download: 9.59 MB)

.mp3    Stop and rise v3 eq.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey !

For good amp sims, I recommend you to check out Lepou's. They're free and sound amazing. For the cab, check out Nadir, which is free and very stable. You will find great IRs for free on internet.

I really like your mix ! Drums sound great (toms could come up a little bit maybe ?), vocals sit very well in the mix, bass has a fantastic growl !
Only the guitars need some more hard work. They sound too distant and should be more in your face. The bass takes more place than the guitars actually.
One last little thing : for the lead guitar, ba heavy on the delays ^^ This can sound larger than life Smile Smile Smile

Cheers mate !
Hi thedon

This song is very good
Good sound and power
I am thankful for thedon's efforts

Sounds great mate well done .
sounds great .
only problems i could find is male screaming vocals a bit too compressed feels like should be louder there. also acc guitar solo after creepy part is not audiable ?
(02-02-2018, 11:27 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey !

For good amp sims, I recommend you to check out Lepou's. They're free and sound amazing. For the cab, check out Nadir, which is free and very stable. You will find great IRs for free on internet.

I really like your mix ! Drums sound great (toms could come up a little bit maybe ?), vocals sit very well in the mix, bass has a fantastic growl !
Only the guitars need some more hard work. They sound too distant and should be more in your face. The bass takes more place than the guitars actually.
One last little thing : for the lead guitar, ba heavy on the delays ^^ This can sound larger than life Smile Smile Smile

Cheers mate !
where is your mix ?
(02-02-2018, 06:31 PM)takka360 Wrote:

Cheers mate !
where is your mix ?

Mandubien is the drummer of Perpetual Escape and if memory serves me correct the preview mix is by Mandubien as was the case with the other multis by Perpetual Escape.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(02-02-2018, 06:39 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Mandubien is the drummer of Perpetual Escape and if memory serves me correct the preview mix is by Mandubien as was the case with the other multis by Perpetual Escape.

Absolutely Smile

Cheers mate !
Thanks for having a listen I really appreciate it ,
I have downloaded free guitar plugins and sound great ,can't wait to try them out on the next mix !
I agree with your feedback and will try to fix in version 2 !

Cheers Mate Big Grin

(02-02-2018, 11:42 AM)Yoshi Nishikawa Wrote: Hi thedon

This song is very good
Good sound and power
I am thankful for thedon's efforts
Thank you my friend !
Cheers Big Grin