Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
GOTGF
Here's my first print of this one. I like the clav in this song Big Grin

Overall kept it pretty simple. Not too much drastic EQ. Testing out Novaltech Character demo on this track since it's on sale right now. I got creative on the first lead guitar track. Guitars are all VSTs. Bass is Softube.
I didn't really add any effects to the midiguitar track and I think it might need a little more ambience.
Let me know what you think Smile

.mp3    thetimezone_gotgf_print1.mp3 --  (Download: 15.22 MB)

.mp3    thetimezone_gotgf_print3.mp3 --  (Download: 15.22 MB)

Hi! Perhaps take the bass guitar down a bit? The 80's drums feel very authentic and sound good. You might want to match the space of vocals with the drums. I am no fan of 'realistic' or coherent space, but the vocals feel a bit dry in comparison. Nice crazy effects with the guitars. I couldn't make any use of the DI guitars, but you certainly managed to make the most out of them. Good work. ^_^
Hi, this is Timo from the band. That's actually a synth solo, not guitar at the start. I like the distortion on the lead vocal! And I like the 80s drum sound; what a great idea!
oh, wait, I see what you mean about the guitars. That is quite crazy.

I felt the synth solo right before the guitars needed a little compression; there are volume jumps.
Those 80's drums were fun - really changed the vibe of the song.
I'm glad you guys dig it Smile
I added a little update. Ran the vox and that lead synth through the same reverb as the drums and replaced slate fg-x on my master bus with weiss mm-1 since I noticed Softube updated to Volume 2 and that was included! Probably did a bit of low end control as well. Increased the volume of the lead synth a bit during the solo before the guitars hit as well. I have a panning effect on it that changes the volume of it a bit to add some movement but I dunno if its too much.
The intro sound vaguely reminds me of the classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynIHsHYaig0