Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
STOP AND RISE
On the line.Big Grin

.mp3    Stop And Rise.mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

.mp3    Stop And Rise 1.MP3 --  (Download: 9.49 MB)

Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
Hi Vibhu Dixit ,

Nice solid Mix Sounds great on my monitors and headphones.
Guitar 4 that comes in at 0.34 could come up a touch more ,The Electric guitars maybe rolled off a touch too much below 200 hz ,but I understand why as there are some resonant frequencies that need taming.
The kick beater sounds a touch upfront in the 2-5k area !
Here is a quick rough video of your mix to explain what I am hearing
and some things in the side channels compared to commercial mixes !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xhf8B6q90

I wish I could wind the clock back and had the opportunity and access to this technology when I was your age !
Well Done !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(10-03-2018, 11:25 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Vibhu Dixit ,

Guitar 4 that comes in at 0.34 could come up a touch more ,The Electric guitars maybe rolled off a touch too much below 200 hz ,but I understand why as there are some resonant frequencies that need taming.

I wish I could wind the clock back and had the opportunity and access to this technology when I was your age !
Well Done !

Cheers Big Grin

Hii There,

Thanks a lot, for your precious review,specially for the YouTube Video.Cool
I am fully agree with you about those Oleaginous Hoodlums and ,in fact the matter of coincidence is that i was also taming out the same range (in lower mids) and after watching your video i discoverd a new techniqueSmile for mastering.

Well i'm still on the line to get the sonic balance which is in my head for the song but i cant mix continiously , as this mix is done with in 3Hrs after importing the files in DAW. I was trying to mix the song for more than 3Hrs but i Failed due to ear fatigue.

Well Thanks a lot again for taking out some time to critique/Review my mix, Thanks a lot.

Have a great day ahead.
Vibhu Dixit.Smile

Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
(10-03-2018, 02:24 PM)Vibhu Dixit Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 11:25 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Vibhu Dixit ,

Well Done !

Cheers Big Grin

Hii There,

Thanks a lot, for your precious review,specially for the YouTube Video.Cool
I am fully agree with you about those Oleaginous Hoodlums and ,in fact the matter of coincidence is that i was also taming out the same range (in lower mids) and after watching your video i discoverd a new techniqueSmile for mastering.

Well i'm still on the line to get the sonic balance which is in my head for the song but i cant mix continiously , as this mix is done with in 3Hrs after importing the files in DAW. I was trying to mix the song for more than 3Hrs but i Failed due to ear fatigue.

Well Thanks a lot again for taking out some time to critique/Review my mix, Thanks a lot.

Have a great day ahead.
Vibhu Dixit.Smile
Your welcome ,I always fall for the trap of ear fatigue after mixing too long Blush that's the best thing about feedback !
I'm happy you liked the video , of course it is better to fix resonances and peaks in the individual tracks ,Referencing commercial pro recordings mid and especially what audio information they have in the side channels on the master bus also helps .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I especially like the drum sound and the vocals, though the kick drum beater is too present, like TheDon said. There's some guitar licks missing at 1:20 and 2:38 though. A little refinement in those areas would be awesome.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.