Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believe - I Am cassette / LRStudio Mix & Master
Hello everyone, I am new to the page, this is my first contribution, so do not punish me much haha. First, this topic seemed excellent to me. "I am cassette" is a band that I do not understand how their music did not go any further. Look for information about them, because I like to know while doing a job. In addition to this song, they play alternative rock very well. And it is my opinion, that a topic as an additional contribution, in alternative rock on this page on their part would be excellent for collective benefit.
But let's go to the "Believe" theme. In general the recording seemed very good and its arrangement too.

In the Drums, I only added one layer in the drum for depth and in the snear for presence. The dishes seemed a bit bright, so try to control them a bit with EQ.

The Toms were stereo recorded, so arrange them so they could be heard moving from the left side to the right side.

In the bass I added a layer with some distortion, taking it from less to more as the song progresses.

The acoustic and electric guitars are processed through a console emulator, which added character.

In the string section, I worked with their position since they were all in stereo and it seemed to me that it did not make sense. I am a lover of these instruments and I understood that there was an arrangement in their dynamics as a whole to the other instrumentation and the voice. So I moved some to the right and others to the left. And automate your volume.

In background voices only work with your volume and some environment.

In the main voice, remove unwanted sounds. I added some thickness, distortion and atmosphere.

In general, I only mentioned the things that I understand would be useful to catalog my work. I love music and mix more. I will continue mixing later. Thanks to all who read me and I would appreciate any opinion or advice. I'm at the orders, for any question.
And I thank the creator of this bank because it allows everyone to learn and in some way or another to develop. Until next time.Big Grin

.mp3    Believe:LRStudio.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)