Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Perpetual Escape, Stop And Rise Gtrs re-amped
Great track from Perpetual Escape this is my mix.

.mp3    Perpetual Escape, Stop And Rise mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.35 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape, Stop And Rise mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.27 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape, Stop And Rise mix3 mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.25 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape, Stop And Rise GTR UP MIX mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape, Stop And Rise gtrs re-amped.mp3 --  (Download: 9.33 MB)

I like the attack of Snare ,Toms and Kick one thing I'm missing and have to fix in my mix .
The bass guitar thinking more body around 80-100 hz and a couple of db less top end around 1-2k and it's upper harmonics at around 2-4k ?
The electric guitars sound a few db heavy around 250-400hz area which I can also hear in my mix !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(19-02-2018, 09:46 AM)thedon Wrote: I like the attack of Snare ,Toms and Kick one thing I'm missing and have to fix in my mix .
The bass guitar thinking more body around 80-100 hz and a couple of db less top end around 1-2k and it's upper harmonics at around 2-4k ?
The electric guitars sound a few db heavy around 250-400hz area which I can also hear in my mix !

Cheers Big Grin
Cheers don for that i have made some adjustments also in revisiting the mix i found that my bass was distorting a little so i corrected that too.
I had a bit of a ringing on one of the guitars on mix 2 so i have posted a mix 3,any comments?
I like the improvement moving forward into mix 3. Guitars sounding more balance and playing a bigger role over the bass, which I like. Great drum sound and energy also. I must say, this is not my genre by a long shot, but I think you could maybe push the "drive" on the guitar tracks a little harder. For me I'm still hearing to much of the DI guitar sound coming through in the mix. What do you think?

Anyway, Great mix so far Cudjoe. You are becoming very consistent with your work. Well Done.
Hi Dave i re-amped all the Di s some a bit more than others and i have tried pushing the gtr a little bit more but it seems to over power the vocals(so many gtrs)buti will look into this for my next mix,cheers.
Mix 3 sounds much better ,at 0.34 I think it is electric guitar 4 could come up a lot more !

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks for that again guys iam not use to mixing so many guitars never mind r-amping them so i was always in 2 minds how hard to push them,anyway after reading Dave and thedon reviews i thought i will do another mix.
Have i made any good or bad changes the guitars on GTR UP MIX?
GTR UP Sounding better ,
After listening and comparing to reference tracks in a similar genre inspires me to have another shot down the track after some more practice !

Cheers Big Grin