Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Line - Stoman mix
I did a rough mix of this nice song a while ago - one of my many one-hour mixes using REAPER (which is not my primary DAW for mixing). It needs some more work on the details (more vocal riding, better integration of the bass, some smoothing here and there, ...), but for a quick rough mix I think it's quite ok.

I listened to the other songs at James May's website. Great songwriting!

Regards,
Steffen

.mp3    On_The_Line_20130706_01_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.1 MB)

Sounds great!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I thought my bass was heavy
(04-08-2013, 05:27 PM)bmullen Wrote: Sounds great!

Thanks! But, like I said, there are a couple of issues to fix. It's a quick rough mix, what can you expect. Smile

(04-08-2013, 05:55 PM)takka360 Wrote: I thought my bass was heavy

Yep, it is. Smile

I tried to tame the bass in your mix a bit. I think this works better. But it must be processed in the mix to really get it under control.

The bass in my rough mix needs more work too, like I said. Some notes stick out and must be fixed. But in your mix the bass in general has too much energy. A reason may be the presence of low frequency content on other tracks. If you get rid of that the bass will sound more controlled already.

Also, when you do the sum processing, you could roll off the low end on the side signal up to roundabout 120 - 160 Hz.

Regards,
Steffen

.mp3    On The Line - takka.mp3 --  (Download: 5.84 MB)

Still pretty good mix tho mate
(04-08-2013, 06:36 PM)takka360 Wrote: Still pretty good mix tho mate

Thanks! Smile

I just noticed that I had obviously done two rough mixes - one with REAPER and one with Cubase. It's not much different than the REAPER mix overall, but I think the bass sounds a little better there.

I'm not sure yet which of the two I'll finish. Maybe both. Smile

Regards,
Steffen

.mp3    On_The_Line_20130706_01_Cubase_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.18 MB)