Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise'
(21-02-2018, 06:46 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: You should always listen to your mississss lol.

Unfortunately, I'm a slow learner in this regard. Blush
Listening to version 3 sounds nice and solid !
You have some nice amps there !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Dave, nice mix! But bass is too low in my opinion.
Dave!

I hope all has been well!

I like your tones, but I think your vox are a little too up front in general (speaking about mix 3). I think a bit of ambience, and bringing them down a bit in the mix might be in order.

I think your bass could be brought up? I'm having a hard time hearing the tone of the bass. I feel it during the choruses, but it's hard to pick out.

Also, maybe a bit of ambience on the whole track could help a little bit with glue? It seems a little bit sterile. I think addressing the bass will help that a lot, though.

Again, overall your tones are quite nice! You have the cymbals sounding quite pleasing! It took a bit of work on my end to get them where I wanted them.

You have a really strong base for your mix, so a few tweaks, and I think it will be super powerful!

Draper
(25-02-2018, 12:27 PM)mike84 Wrote: Hi Dave, nice mix! But bass is too low in my opinion.

Thanks for your thoughts, hopefully more bass in mix #4.

Cheers
(01-03-2018, 08:48 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Dave!

I hope all has been well!

I like your tones, but I think your vox are a little too up front in general (speaking about mix 3). I think a bit of ambience, and bringing them down a bit in the mix might be in order.

I think your bass could be brought up? I'm having a hard time hearing the tone of the bass. I feel it during the choruses, but it's hard to pick out.

Also, maybe a bit of ambience on the whole track could help a little bit with glue? It seems a little bit sterile. I think addressing the bass will help that a lot, though.

Again, overall your tones are quite nice! You have the cymbals sounding quite pleasing! It took a bit of work on my end to get them where I wanted them.

You have a really strong base for your mix, so a few tweaks, and I think it will be super powerful!

Draper

Hi Draper,

It's great to hear from you. hope all is well.

I've uploaded mix#4 but feel I'm getting to a stage where I'm starting to overwork the mix without any solid direction moving forward. Time to leave it be, I think.

I did work the cymbals a bit, but most of the taming was done just with a de-esser.

Thanks for dropping by.
(25-02-2018, 03:39 AM)thedon Wrote: Listening to version 3 sounds nice and solid !
You have some nice amps there !

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks Don.Big Grin
Good balance and tones overall. The picking parts in the chorus seem a little loud and jump out a little maybe a little more compressing?
I listened to mix 3 and 4. I like the BG in number 4 they blend in more than how they were in 3. The bass and kic might still need some adjusting between the 2.
If you have span load them up and see what might need to be adjusted freq wise.
Good mix!
(05-03-2018, 03:50 AM)jerze Wrote: Good balance and tones overall. The picking parts in the chorus seem a little loud and jump out a little maybe a little more compressing?
I listened to mix 3 and 4. I like the BG in number 4 they blend in more than how they were in 3. The bass and kic might still need some adjusting between the 2.
If you have span load them up and see what might need to be adjusted freq wise.
Good mix!

Thanks for your thoughts jerze. I'll be sure to check it out. Yes, I do have span, use it religiously, in fact. Probably second to my ears.

Appreciate your comments.Smile

Dave
Like the clarity and space some parts sound a little harsh overall good mix