Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: 'You Are The One'
My Mix

Comments Welcome!

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    You are the one-Street Noise3.mp3 --  (Download: 15.9 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(10-02-2018, 11:16 PM)KMuzic Wrote: My Mix

Comments Welcome!

Cheers

KSmile

What's up KMuzic, I see you have put together another nostalgic mix. I feel like I'm suppose to be somewhere else while listening to this. Big Grin Sounds like you have some good separation going on, and at the same time it blends well. Your drums are tight and punchy, Vocals are upfront, the guitars aren't harsh, and the bass is solid. At times the vocals might have a bit of sibilance poking out and there's some background hiss that's present throughout, which probably cant be avoided. But all in all, nice work. Now you have inspired me to mix this song. Keep up the good work. Cool

Cheers!
(11-02-2018, 12:35 AM)MikeGoPro Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 11:16 PM)KMuzic Wrote: My Mix

Comments Welcome!

Cheers

KSmile

What's up KMuzic, I see you have put together another nostalgic mix. I feel like I'm suppose to be somewhere else while listening to this. Big Grin Sounds like you have some good separation going on, and at the same time it blends well. Your drums are tight and punchy, Vocals are upfront, the guitars aren't harsh, and the bass is solid. At times the vocals might have a bit of sibilance poking out and their is some background hiss that's present throughout, which probably cant be avoided. But all in all, nice work. Now you have inspired me to mix this song. Keep up the good work. Cool

Cheers!

Hey Mike

Thanks for the listen.. The vocals were tough for me on this one. a lot of automation on just about everything, but a fun mix. Started feeling like an old B movie score..lol

Thanks for the comments

Cheers!

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey K, diggin' those drums, did you have to get your hands too dirty to deal with that weird time misplacement between channels? I thought of them as unusable as they came but you just managed to get a subtle 3D, stereo feeling from them and still carryng the weight of the mix as good drums should.

Vocals on the second half are the only real trouble I got with this mix and they are sibilant, as Mike said. I think they came quite louder than the ones from the first half. It seems as if you got a nice static mix and then didn't have time to automate things. It is a really nice global balance, reminding me some Buffalo Springfield/early Neil Young sound, but since this song has so many different sections, I think it needs some automation to adjust the balance through the different sections. And jut to get really picky:

- Bass sounds great all through the song, specially from 2:25, but not so much for the intro, where it has too much presence and drawing too much attention just when the playing it's not at its best (maybe it was the drummer's fault).

- Piano is pretty hidden panned there with the main guitar and the synth pad.

- That soft left panning on the congas seems a little out of place, maybe would they fit better panned right? Oh well, this is just being too picky...

Overall, very enjoyable mix

(25-06-2018, 05:08 PM)Deliza Wrote: Hey K, diggin' those drums, did you have to get your hands too dirty to deal with that weird time misplacement between channels?

Hi Deliza...Thanks for checking it out. I think I was mixing for about a month when I did this song and had absolutely no clue what I was doing ,, lol. I just threw some plugins at it. I think all I did with the drums was compress and eq, but I do remember they were tough to get to sound like anything..lol Might be time for a revisit soon. Thanks for the comments...That will help when I remix it.
Cheers
KSmile
The vocals seem to have a tinny after-sound. I guess reverb, but could be just the original noise got brought up? Only issue I can hear in an otherwise great mix.
(26-08-2018, 07:30 PM)Sasquatch1974 Wrote: The vocals seem to have a tinny after-sound. I guess reverb, but could be just the original noise got brought up? Only issue I can hear in an otherwise great mix.

Thanks Sasquatch

Yes its the reverb, bad choice on my part. plus the vocals need to be automated and deessed. This ones ready for a do over.
Thanks for commenting!!

KSmile