Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop And Rise
Hey guys,

I would really love to hear your feedback on this. I am a beginner and I just started on doing mixing stuff.

Thanks!

EDIT (version 2):
1. I had a sub on the kick, that I forgot to turn off after I added the rest of the instruments. In the second version I turned it off.
2. Lighter compression on the instrumental.
3. Slightly different master EQ and compression, to get a tighter sound.

.mp3    sar_final.mp3 --  (Download: 4.82 MB)

.mp3    sar_final_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.82 MB)

Hi! Sounds good! The kick resonates strongly at lowest frequencies. You might want to gate it shorter, or suppress it with eq. The overall balance and panning feel very good, and the mix is very clear. Good work! ^_^
(11-02-2018, 04:56 AM)kapu Wrote: Hi! Sounds good! The kick resonates strongly at lowest frequencies. You might want to gate it shorter, or suppress it with eq. The overall balance and panning feel very good, and the mix is very clear. Good work! ^_^

Hey kapu, thank you for your reply! I just posted a new version. I forgot to turn off a sub that I had on the kick Big Grin Thank you for pointing that out! It was at 40Hz with a release time of 120ms, so that was a bit long and you could clearly hear it. After I added the rest of the instruments I totally forgot about it. And as I do not have any kind of monitors, just some cheap Samson headphones, I didn't hear it in the overall mix, only in that quiet part with kick, bass and vocals.