Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stop and rise. my 1st mix in 2018
Another song I mixed. I hope it sounds good

.mp3    pe sar 1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.75 MB)

Anyone ?
Hi Obelix as much as I respect your originality I feel you have tried made a rock track into almost a r,n,b track it really does not work, but iam sure if you keep to the rock vibe it will sound fantastic, thanks for sharing your mix.
When the body layer of the snare sound comes in, I think the beat actually sounds quite coherent. You might want to focus more on readjusting the levels, maybe take the main beat down a little? The overall sound also feels slightly too bright occationally, you might want to take down the highs from master. Still, the overall result sounds good. You could also go all the way and reproduce the whole song with full blown Manson-sound with all the industrialities etc. ^_^
I experimented a little with midi drum track. And quite liked what I accomplished. I tried to add a bit of contrast between bridge and last chorus, but, I will remove electronic drums from verse 1, maybe strapped down with acoustic and vocals only. Electronic drums and industrial sounds will come in bridge.
Version 2. Slightly different than 1st one, but I think that improvements are obvious.

.mp3    pe sar 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.75 MB)

Is it better now ?
The mainvox is partly too loud. The intro guitars are too low. I miss the guitar solo at 3:35. In some places the room effect is too loud for me on the mainvox
Third mix.

.mp3    pe sar 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.75 MB)

I did hi pass filtering on guitars, and brought up slide guitar in the intro.