Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My interpretaion of 'Turn On Me'
This tune reminded me of a Chicago trip and a nice jazz pub I once visited. I tried to keep that memory in mind mixing this tune. Comments are welcome.

.mp3    BannedFromTheZoo_TurnOnMe_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.11 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
In an effort to get the mix wider, I revisited this song. Originally, the guitar and uke weren't panned hard left and right; they are now. The first mix peaked at -3.2dB; now there are kick, snare and vocals that reach up to -0.2dB. The first mix had an LU Range of 3.1; it's now 2.9. The integrated LUFS was at -17.4; it's now -17.0. I also heard a little string squeak on the guitar (at 1:36) that has been edited out. Given the nature of the song, and wanting to keep it warm, I made judicious EQ curves at mastering. The cymbals and high end are still present, just not as harsh. The lower mid-range was boosted about 4dB. Overall, I think it sounds better, although its maybe the slightest bit wider. Your thoughts are appreciated.

.mp3    BannedFromTheZoo_TurnOnMe_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.37 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.