Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals Rawrrrr!
Hello everybody,
I have really hard time making the toms sound good, so I ended up with heavy manual gating and afterall it sounds garbage. Can you share with me any tips/tricks to minimize cymall bleed in tom's tracks. I have already tried gating, and low pass but it doesn't do the job for me. Feel free to ask any questions.

.mp3    PRINT.02.mp3 --  (Download: 8.04 MB)

Pretty good mix I like it ,I agree about trying the bleed on the tom tracks and gating not working so I treated them as a separate room track with compression and a slight boost around 4-5k to enhance the toms but did have to tame lots of 500-620 hz on them ,rooms and overheads which I can hear in your mix .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(07-02-2018, 09:48 AM)thedon Wrote: Pretty good mix I like it ,I agree about trying the bleed on the tom tracks and gating not working so I treated them as a separate room track with compression and a slight boost around 4-5k to enhance the toms but did have to tame lots of 500-620 hz on them ,rooms and overheads which I can hear in your mix .

Cheers Big Grin

Thank you Don for the listen. Sometimes leaving toms as they are, is the best thing to do. Although usually I try to cut them to possible minimum to avoid phasing issues, especially in regard to the overheads.
Yeah, I struggled with the toms as well. But I DID run a gate across them in my mix.
Good mix Grzesiek, although personally I reckon you could brighten the guitar a touch, but that's just me. Smile
(07-02-2018, 11:21 PM)audio2u Wrote: Yeah, I struggled with the toms as well. But I DID run a gate across them in my mix.
Good mix Grzesiek, although personally I reckon you could brighten the guitar a touch, but that's just me. Smile

To be honest i lost objectivity for this song, so maybe you are right. As I remember the guitar was too bright and too dull at the same time, probably EQ problem, but i carved it out like hell.
Czesc Grzesiek Smile,
I like your mix, Vocal and Guitar sound really well. Perhaps drums need a bit more "glue". Balance is nice, good work Smile