Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire: 'Animals'
Hey, here's a mix of 'Animals'. Felt like it was a little under-produced... Tried my hardest, but just didn't like the guitar sound, did some things to it, but not too sure how it's turned out. Any suggestions? I just didn't like the chorus-y thing on it - is that just my bad taste? Decent kick and snare though. It's almost refreshing in this day and age to have so few drum channels! Will look forward to hearing a few of your mixes and will drop a few comments. Cheers Smile

.mp3    Animals-Audiomuze Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.21 MB)

(05-02-2018, 12:25 PM)Audiomuze Wrote: Hey, here's a mix of 'Animals'. Felt like it was a little under-produced... Tried my hardest, but just didn't like the guitar sound, did some things to it, but not too sure how it's turned out. Any suggestions? I just didn't like the chorus-y thing on it - is that just my bad taste? Decent kick and snare though. It's almost refreshing in this day and age to have so few drum channels! Will look forward to hearing a few of your mixes and will drop a few comments. Cheers Smile

I like your balances and the re use of the woos, thats a cool idea.
Check for the following things:
Drums overcompressed and pumping.
The cymbals will mud everything, try using some deesser.
Hi pass some of the guitars
Take care
Hey man, i like this mix and i actually like that you have emphezised the cymbals like that, but as mentioned by javier before the cymbals are a bit to present which makes it feels less 3d. Also the bass is nice upfront but it feels that there is some bass-freq around where the kick lives which could get eq-ed like 2-5db down.
Hey Audiomuze,
Nicely sounding mix, well balanced, perhaps cymbals needs more volume. Vocal sound is nice. Its a good work Smile