Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise'
Hi Thedon

Nice mix ,good job
I prefer guitar with less mid and more hi gain saturation but your version is nice.
Maybe some sss on the voice...
(08-02-2018, 11:08 AM)dbfeenix Wrote: Hi Thedon

Nice mix ,good job
I prefer guitar with less mid and more hi gain saturation but your version is nice.
Maybe some sss on the voice...

Thanks for having a listen ,will give that your suggestions a try !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi don thanks for your review on my mix1 your v3 is mt fav but yet in a funny way i also like v1 very nice low end growl, good job.
Very good drums and vocals. I like your mix, good job :-)
hi thedon...

I really like your v.3 mix.... , so solid and powerfull... , but I think there's too much high end in the mono-mid , i've downloaded your v.3 mix and cut some high end around 6k with high shelf curve in mono-mid it's sounds great to me... , but i think it's just my personal taste Smile , overall i like your approach in this mix... Smile
Commenting on V3

That build up into the first verse! Bravo on that!

Your tones sound fantastic in general!

Maybe the cymbals are a bit bright. I used the creative use of the mute button on the acoustic solo. It didn't seem to move the song forward to me, but I understand keeping it as it was part of the artists' vision.

I think that possibly your choruses feel a little too dense? Or maybe it is having a small identity crisis? I think the balance between the distorted guitars and the acoustic might want to be looked at. . .and it could go in either direction. Either add more distortion and bring up the chunk parts, or thin it out a bit on the first chorus in terms of distortion, then introduce more as the song progresses? I dunno, it's just what I hear if I was approaching the mix how I think that you are.

Well done as always, and of course, my thoughts are always subjective!

Draper
(27-02-2018, 10:32 PM)Gexx Wrote: hi thedon...

I really like your v.3 mix.... , so solid and powerfull... , but I think there's too much high end in the mono-mid , i've downloaded your v.3 mix and cut some high end around 6k with high shelf curve in mono-mid it's sounds great to me... , but i think it's just my personal taste Smile , overall i like your approach in this mix... Smile
Thanks for the listen ,Version 4 coming soon !

Cheers Big Grin

(01-03-2018, 08:38 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Commenting on V3

That build up into the first verse! Bravo on that!

Your tones sound fantastic in general!

Maybe the cymbals are a bit bright. I used the creative use of the mute button on the acoustic solo. It didn't seem to move the song forward to me, but I understand keeping it as it was part of the artists' vision.

I think that possibly your choruses feel a little too dense? Or maybe it is having a small identity crisis? I think the balance between the distorted guitars and the acoustic might want to be looked at. . .and it could go in either direction. Either add more distortion and bring up the chunk parts, or thin it out a bit on the first chorus in terms of distortion, then introduce more as the song progresses? I dunno, it's just what I hear if I was approaching the mix how I think that you are.

Well done as always, and of course, my thoughts are always subjective!

Draper
Thanks for having a listen Draper I agree with your feedback ,I Will sort out the things you mentioned out in version 4 coming soon !

Cheers Big Grin

Mix 3 nailed it for the most part. The only thing and it might just be me watch your limiter /2 buss processing at times it seems a little crushed again might just be me tho.
Nice Job! Also, you nailed that section at 1:06 very nice coming from the chorus into it sounds great.
(05-03-2018, 04:05 AM)jerze Wrote: Mix 3 nailed it for the most part. The only thing and it might just be me watch your limiter /2 buss processing at times it seems a little crushed again might just be me tho.
Nice Job! Also, you nailed that section at 1:06 very nice coming from the chorus into it sounds great.
Thanks for having a listen ,you are right about the 2 buss processing I think the low frequencies are hitting way too hard !

Cheers Big Grin