Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All American Mutt (My first mix)
Hey Everyone, So i've been recording for some time now for my own band but my mixes weren't that great. So I sat down and started to play around with the ones on this wonderful site. and this is how my attempt went Smile

A quick question though, I noticed my mix's pitch is a little lower compared to the others on the page, how come?

Every plugin I use is free so they arent always the greatest. but considering how the raw files sounded I think I didnt do to bad for a first attempt.

Also i apologize for the cut off on the beginning of the file, When i converted it to mp3 i goofed and accidentally cut it out. :/

I would appreciate any and all input

Cheers!

.mp3    All American Mutt.mp3 --  (Download: 3.98 MB)

(31-01-2018, 08:27 PM)xTbs Wrote: Hey Everyone, So i've been recording for some time now for my own band but my mixes weren't that great. So I sat down and started to play around with the ones on this wonderful site. and this is how my attempt went Smile

A quick question though, I noticed my mix's pitch is a little lower compared to the others on the page, how come?

Every plugin I use is free so they arent always the greatest. but considering how the raw files sounded I think I didnt do to bad for a first attempt.

Also i apologize for the cut off on the beginning of the file, When i converted it to mp3 i goofed and accidentally cut it out. :/

I would appreciate any and all input

Cheers!

Hey Xtbs

You made the same mistake I did on a few Mix's, don't feel bad.
Always check the readme file in the download or sometimes Mike Sr. has a post at the top of the threads explaining how the song was recorded. What happened is in your DAW , when you loaded the files in, it was set by default to 44.1hz sample rate. These tracks were recorded in 48hz.
Good news is its an easy fix. Open that project back up in your DAW
and depending on which DAW you use, look for something like Project Preferences in your DAW menu. Change from 44.1 to 48hz hit OK and you should be OK, Now reset your markers at the beginning and end of the song and render your mixdown again and add the repost to your original post above. Don't start a new thread upload it to this one, and you will be in good shape.

Looking forward to hearing your mix at the correct sample rate and again don't feel bad its all a good learning experience. Any problems you can always PM me

PS I also use a lot of free plugins, there are some really good ones out there, I started the same way you did, recording and mixing my bands projects, coming here and listening to other patrons mix's, and reading all the posts is a great learning experience, you'll learn a lot!

Good Luck!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks for the help lol. Didnt realize that was a thing. Live and learn Smile

So I did some tweaking and tried something a little different and I hop my volumes are a bit higher now along with the correct rate Smile

.mp3    All American Mutt.mp3 --  (Download: 3.71 MB)

(05-02-2018, 08:12 AM)xTbs Wrote: Thanks for the help lol. Didnt realize that was a thing. Live and learn Smile

So I did some tweaking and tried something a little different and I hop my volumes are a bit higher now along with the correct rate Smile

Hey xTbs

Much much better.

Levels sound really good, nice job on that, now you want to give it some dimension. play with it and try some panning L and R I usually leave the bass drum, main vocal and bass guitar center. Everything else you can have fun with the panning, get creative and have fun! That will be a good start to your mix.

Good Luck!

Cheers

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.