Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers: Go Go Go
Hey, here's my mix. It's funny, I picked this song to mix because in the demo mix the snare sounded really nice, but when I got to the tracks... uh oh, that ain't a good snare. Oh well, was an interesting mix. For me, it's difficult to put the guitars in the right place - too over/too under (usually too under). Hope you enjoy, and any feedback is welcome.

Ok, just tweaked a few things in v2.

And for v3 did some more work on the low end, raised the guitars a little, and a little more top end all round, was sounding a little dull in comparison to others. Smile

And one more version (v4)! Better all round.

.mp3    Go Go Go-Audiomuze.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

.mp3    Go Go Go-Audiomuze-v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

.mp3    Go Go Go-Audiomuze-v3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

.mp3    Go Go Go-Audiomuze v4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

Hey Audiomuze

That's funny what you said about the snare. I thought the same thing..lol

Sounds good, guitars sound nicely panned and sitting good. Good levels. the one thing i did notice, the bass guitar and kick drum lower frequencies are clashing, maybe just clean up the low end a bit and let each sit in its own space.

Good Job!Smile

Cheers

KBig Grin
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Hi Audiomuze

I just had a quick listen and it sounds like you have another solid mix here. Now I have another one on my list to mix. Big Grin

Later!
Thanks guys. Yep, did notice the low end, was one of the things I tried to fix in v2. Cheers.
I love the first version. And your snare bites so well!