Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phre The Eon 'Everybody's Falling Apart' MikeGoPro Mix
I don't know when I downloaded this project its been a while, but I saw it on the drive and figured I would give it a go.

I originally started it sometime ago but never finished it for whatever reason, so I went over it briefly for about an hour or so, mainly replacing plugins that aren't installed anymore or were demos and what not.

I hit it with my more time saving methods of channel strip on inserts, and bus compressor and tape emu on the bus and master. I used the VU meters to get an idea of how hot I was hitting each bus before it hit the master, and the guitars the bass and the drums were in the red. I dialed them back a bit to leave some headroom. I don't think there's any automation going on. My initial project wasn't organized very well, so it was a mess to say the least. I tried to clean it up a bit. And here it is.

Cheers!Cool

.mp3    Everybody\'s Falling Apart MikeGoPro Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.6 MB)

Hey Mike, cool mix - I like the up-front vocals - they are nice and loud, but they still feel quite glued in the mix. Lots of indie attitude in the mix.

I wonder if all the saturation and "glue" in the mix might be just rounding off the transients a little too much? There is a bit of a buildup in the low mids as well around the 200-300hz mark. I'm missing some of the spankiness from the slap bass which really gives the mix it's funky character and sets it apart from just another indie rock track.

Nice work.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(01-02-2018, 12:06 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Mike, cool mix - I like the up-front vocals - they are nice and loud, but they still feel quite glued in the mix. Lots of indie attitude in the mix.

I wonder if all the saturation and "glue" in the mix might be just rounding off the transients a little too much? There is a bit of a buildup in the low mids as well around the 200-300hz mark. I'm missing some of the spankiness from the slap bass which really gives the mix it's funky character and sets it apart from just another indie rock track.

Nice work.

Hey fHumble fHingaz, Thanks for commenting.

After listening to the mix I think it does sound boxy, like there's some frequency masking/buildup. I have to remember to strip down old mixes and redo them because, this type of patching approach doesn't yield the best results. Also it sounds flat and 2 Dimensional to me, and your right the transients are rounded off a little too much. This was a very chaotic session file, I'm sure I can strip it down and rebuild it. I'll do that as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers!
Hi Mike,
Nice mix!
Vocal sounds really good to me, balance feels good either. Snare sounds like it is not a snare Smile. Good work.